Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, Same Challenges

Ah alas it is time to admit my resolutions. I read somewhere, I believe it was ScarJo, who admitted she did not believe in resolutions because it only set oneself up for failure. Is that sad or is that just brutal honesty?
I feel without even the smallest goals to set up and reach for life is worth little to nothing. We need, I(!) need, small distractions to focus on and move me from moment to moment. Take a step back and realize our individual life is, on average, a burp in the grand scheme/large picture on the universal scale of history. My existence is a fart only to be instantly carried away by the wind that is time. Ok, I'm done with bodily functions serving as metaphors, but it's astonishing! I am upon the cusp of the finishing the first third, fourth if I'm lucky, of my life. I have little to show for myself. Honestly, goals are all I have. Future prospects, ideas, entitlements, objects, and even living creatures in the form of manifestations cannot be the only thing I have to show for myself.
*     *     *
In no particular order...
1.) Wear my wardrobe! I have a large amount of goods I don't wear (outside playing dress-up when I'm bored or feeling like I have "nothing to wear")! Chic cocktail attire, designer heels, items I no longer feel comfortable in or don't believe fit properly. For instance, an Hermes CDC belt I've worn twice. I've worn those over the knee boots (mint GIANNI Versace, suede, scalloped trim, with a gold heel) twice as well....until this past Saturday! Nothing says confidence like wearing hot-shorts, thigh high boots, and no tights in 35 degree Chicago weather. Paired perfectly with a vintage Bottega bag and AK7 silk boho pheasant blouse, might I add.

2.) Purchase only items I WILL wear/decrease my consumption! COUGHthosepradaheelsCOUGH I've wasted so many valuable resources, namely time and money, on items that really aren't investments, just mindless splurges. One of my best friends even donates three items for each new item she buys. America's economic plunder is based on instant gratification and the manifestation of living outside one's means. I fall under such a tragedy in some circumstances, but have yet to use any credit for the past month. Look at those old Balenciaga's! I've never worn them and need to sell them on Ebay. Soooo cute but five inches of fury I'll probably never exercise.
3.) Continue to work-out and eat healthily! Since Thanksgiving I have been going to the gym 5-6x a week for at least 1 hour at a time. I hit one of my lowest points in the Fall of 2011. My confidence was killed, both by personal failures and the way I felt about my emotional and physical presentation. But after about a month of implementing the simple equation of burning more than I took in (in calories) I was down 13# the healthy way. Of course this DOES NOT mean eat nothing, or trade food for tissues and toilet paper. I just became conscious of what I was eating and realized food is fuel and nothing else.
Frankie says relax. Whatever your plans are for the new year be realistic, healthy, and try to have fun. Forgive my lack of fluidity, I've had a glass of red wine and need to retire for the evening and drift off while I listen to the Nina Simone station on Pandora...

No comments:

Post a Comment