Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ignorance

double post!
Today I was at the gas station and got called ignorant...let me start at the beginning...

I was turning left and on the corner of the street i was turning left onto has a Shell station. In front of me is a white Range Rover HSE who pulled in as well. I go to the far right pump closest to the street I entered from. He goes to the opposite side of the same pump, I see him backing up so I assumed he had to turn around and back-up into the stall he first pulled into. It turns out he was backing up to back into the same side of the pump I was at but by the time I realized this my car was off, I exited, and was on my way to pay cash inside and return to pump my gas. I return to be greeted by the, I am losing this term VERY loosely, gentleman who was driving the Range on the opposite side of the same pump and was in the middle of pumping his gas.
Asshat: 'Just to let you know I was trying to back into your pump...you're ignorant.'
Me: 'You got a spot didn't you?'
Asshat: 'I honked my horn twice at you but you still got out of the car and ignored me.'
Me: 'I didn't hear you, what's the big deal?'
Asshat: 'Just you being ignorant, whatever.'
Me: 'OK, well when I see you driving your white Range Rover in the future I'll be sure to use my mind reading powers and figure out what you're thinking before I act.'
Asshat: 'You're just ignorant. God bless you.'
Me: 'God bless you and your ignorance too.'

I was so distressed I forgot to tell him the gas station sold tissues to help him with his crying because he didn't get his way. Then, of course, after driving off and continuing my way home I had a river flowing of retorts and insults.
"How old are you? You look at least 50 so why don't you stop crying like a boy and act like a man."
"Shit happens, we don't always get our way, old man. You look like you've lived long enough to already know this lesson."
"You want to hit a woman over it or something? Go ahead I could use the check for the harassment and assualt I'll book your ass on."
"Are you seeing someone? Poor woman, you must buy her a lot of stuff to deal with your cry baby bullshit."
"Maybe if you weren't black you'd know how to drive."

That last one wouldn't really work cause I'm Asian haha.

But really, can you believe it? Just goes to show you how other peoples' perspectives can be totally fucked compared to your own, relatively speaking. Never doubt the complexity of people, the power of stupidity, or the fact that most everyone around (including yourself at times) is an entitled idiot.

After all this I got pulled over for my brake lights being out. Thank goodness it was just a warning. Car is at the shop, but it's just been an eventful evening. Also I feel like I trust men even less now and will be single forever because I will not find someone I won't a.) get sick of, b.) push away due to being a moody bitch/someone who won't put up with ignorance, or c.) see as an intellectual equal.

Frank-n-stank has been and will continue to be the only male I feel worth snuggling with.

1 comment:

  1. the white car, its always the white car... not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete